Daily Living in Lent
Consider joining us at Shepherd of the Hills for Daily Living in Lent…
Set aside time for Prayer/Reflection each day during Lent:
· Wondrous Love Devotions
Provides a devotion each day from Ash Wednesday through Holy Week.
· Wilderness Poetry Prayers
A poem each week reflecting on a different type of wilderness space through which we may journey.
· Rough Stone—Smooth Stone
The process a rock goes through to be polished is like the path we take through life. Select a rough stone and a smooth stone to ground you in your journey.
· Pearls of Life (Prayer Beads)
Our English word for bead comes from the Old English word gebed meaning prayer. Select or create a bracelet or key chain to use as a path through your prayers.
Gather after worship for study of the Hebrew Prophets:
Wisdom. Courage. Vision.
These words describe the Prophets found in the Hebrew Scriptures. Divine love gave them the courage to condemn oppression and the imagination to envision an alternative future.
· Visit someone who is homebound or hospitalized.
· Encourage someone to share their story with you.
· Share parts of your story that others aren’t aware of.
· Reflect on your story, looking for signs of God’s presence.
Live in the word and bring hope to the world.
Note that some activities are restricted during the COVID-19 Outbreak.
See details here.
· Boulder Shelter for the Homeless
Help prepare and serve a meal for the homeless in our community or donate to this important ministry.
· Make a donation to a local Food Pantry, Food Shelf, or Deacon's Closet
Share from what you have to benefit those who are in need.
· Help maintain our Community
Clean up a nearby park, street in your neighborhood, or trail cleanup.